- The antifungal Noxafil (posaconazole) is now available as a 100mg gastroresistant tablet. Owing to differences in dosing, the tablets and the existing 40mg/ml oral suspension cannot be used interchangeably.
- Updated prescribing information for Betmiga (mirabegron) states that it should be prescribed with caution in patients with clinically significant bladder outlet obstruction and those taking antimuscarinic medications for overactive bladder.
- The licensed indications for Nexavar (sorafenib) have been extended to include the treatment of progressive, locally advanced or metastatic, differentiated thyroid carcinoma refractory to radioactive iodine.
- Budenofalk (budesonide) granules can now be prescribed for the induction of remission in patients with mild to moderate active Crohn’s disease affecting the ileum and/or the ascending colon, providing an alternative formulation to Budenofalk capsules in this indication.
- Meda has launched Treclin, a topical combination gel containing clindamycin 1% and tretinoin 0.025% for the treatment of moderate to severe acne vulgaris when comedones, papules and pustules are present.
- Voncento (human coagulation factor VIII/human von Willebrand factor) has been launched for the prophylaxis and treatment of haemorrhage in patients with haemophilia A and in those with von Willebrand disease when desmopressin treatment alone is ineffective or contraindicated.
- Sirturo (bedaquiline) is a new antimycobacterial approved for use in combination with at least three other drugs for pulmonary multidrug-resistant tuberculosis.
- Defitelio (defibrotide) is the first licensed product for the treatment of severe hepatic veno-occlusive disease in patients undergoing haematopoietic stem cell transplantation.
Click to search or browse intelog
The most up-to-date drug information at your fingertips.
- Get the prescribing support you need.
- Register today for full access to the intelog database, plus tables and guideline summaries, new and deleted products and consultation tools.